information about your visit TO THE OLD RED LION THEATRE
Please click HERE to download our Visual Guide.
Please click HERE to download our Audio Guide.
You can find out about our upcoming Relaxed Performances HERE.
For all ticket enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CANCELLATIONS DUE TO COVID-19: The Old Red Lion is happy to refund tickets to any performance cancelled due to the Coronavirus pandemic. As well as a full refund, we are also offering the option to donate the cost of your unused ticket to the producing company of the show. In doing this, you will be helping them get back to creating the theatre you love.
Applications for refunds will be accepted up to 12 months after the date of the cancelled shows. Please email to arrange.
The proceeds of any unclaimed tickets after this point will be donated back to the venue to support their post-lockdown recovery.
KEEPING THE OLD RED LION A COVID-SECURE VENUE
We want to assure you that the Old Red Lion Theatre fully complies with the Government’s current Coronovirus and social distancing guidance. Your safety whilst in our venue is of paramount importance, so the below outlines all the information you will need for your visit.
- To enable social distancing, theatre ticket holders should arrive no more than 30 minutes before the performance starts. Due to social-distancing, we will not be able to admit audience members into the building before this time.
- Audience members will be met at the front door and shown straight up to our auditorium space, which has been reconfigured to a new maximum capacity of 20 to enable social-distancing. We ask that you stay in your assigned seats.
- Drinks orders will be taken at your theatre seat and delivered by a member of venue staff. We are unable to serve at the bar.
- Please adhere to government guidelines and wear facemasks whenever moving through the venue, and at your seats when not drinking. Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the venue.
- Please vacate the auditorium as soon as the performance has ended, to enable our staff to clean the venue before the next performance, which may be later that same evening.
- Should you wish to enjoy the venue before or after the performance, we encourage you to book a table at . Please note, that in line with government regulations, the pub can only serve alcohol alongside a substantial meal. We have a street food menu that can be ordered with your drinks
If you have any further questions, please get in touch with the Old Red Lion Theatre team at
LATECOMERS AND RE-ADMITTANCE
Latecomers cannot not be admitted.
Seating is unreserved.
Due to the intimacy of the auditorium the theatre operates a strict no latecomers or re-admittance policy. Late entry will involve crossing the stage and, therefore, this policy is enforced for the benefit of both the actors and our audience members.
We are under no obligation to offer refunds or exchanges on your tickets if you are refused entry to a performance due to being late or you are unable to attend a performance due to any travel problems beyond our control.
TRANSFERS OF TICKETS
Tickets can only be transferred within performances of the same run and of the same price, subject to availability and at the discretion of the theatre for a £2 fee per ticket.
Requests to transfer tickets can only be made up until 6pm the day before the show for which you originally had tickets booked for, and by Friday 5pm for all performances Saturday-Monday.
Concessions apply to Senior Citizens, Unemployed, NHS staff, Students, Equity/BECTU/SDUK Members and people with registered disabilities. You will be required to show proof at the Box Office when you collect your tickets.
If you are registered disabled and require an essential companion in order to visit the theatre then we will provide your companion with a complimentary ticket.
The theatre is located on the first floor above the Old Red Lion Pub and access is gained through the pub and up a staircase with two 90o bends.
As a listed building we unfortunately have limited mobility access – so please do contact us in advance of your visit with access requirements on and we will offer as much support as possible.
Tickets will not be refunded except in the case of a cancelled performance. Personal arrangements including travel and accommodation relating to the event which have been arranged by you are at your own risk and are not refundable by us.
FILMING AND PHOTOGRAPHY
The use of mobile phones, cameras, video and any recording of the performance either audio or visual is strictly prohibited. The theatre reserves the right to refuse admission of such equipment.
FOOD AND DRINK
Drinks can be taken into the auditorium but we ask that you take your glasses back down to the bar at the end of the show.