There are a number of routes to getting your work on the stage at the ORL. We programme full-runs of between 3 and 4 weeks, as well as shorter runs of between two weeks and one night. For longer runs, we tend to plan up to 6 months in advance, often longer.
We are particularly interested in New Work and Re-Interpretations of plays we might not have seen for a while.
To propose a new project for one of our seasons, we require the following information:
- Information about your creative and production team
- A copy of the most recent draft of the script (if one exists)
- A brief outline of the project and why it excites you
- Whether the project has some funding in place
- An answer to the question, “Why the ORL?”
Send your proposal to Artistic Director, Clive Judd- .
Priority must be given to projects that already have a production and/or funding in place.
We have a Literary Department that engages with new plays that are currently un-attached and un-funded.
If you are a writer, with a new play that you feel might suit the ORL, have a read of our Literary page, and send us a copy.